Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D2007 unrecognized component 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pierrotsc

Programmer
Nov 25, 2007
US
in d2007, i have some components that are showing a wavy red line under them but the programs compile fine. i know that the syntax is fine. is that a bug in d2007? for example, i have a 3rd party component that uses width and height. both of them are giving me an unrecognized error but it compiles fine. this is only with 3rd party components.
Any advice?
thanks
Pierre

That means you have error insight enabled.
That was a new feature in 2005 or 2006. Up til today (XE7) it still doesn't work as advertised.
Just disable it and forget it :)

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
Helping people is my job...

oh well, i kind like it when it does work though.
thanks.

Not that it fixes error insight, but I found that the IDE Fix you can download here, helps. Just make sure you download the correct one for he version of Delphi you are working with.

There are some terrible bugs related to Error Insight.
Like an IDE that stops from being responsive and getting slower than a turtle.
Really don't use it, it is Evil :)

/Daddy

pirrotsc said:
Already have that...:) Who does not ?

Me! I assume you recommend this one?
What other problems does it address? (That's Ok I can work it out from the Change Log, sort of)
Before I run it, does it play OK with CN Pack , I have this mainly to add bracket matching.

I have noticed very slow start up and sluggishness with my XE1 install, turned off code insight now.

Steve: N.M.N.F.
If something is popular, it must be wrong: Mark Twain
That's just perfectly normal Paranoia everyone in the universe has that: Slartibartfast

@sggaunt
You can follow the link in my post and read what IDEFix pack does. I don't have CN Pack, but my guess is that it won't affect it. It's also extremely easy to install and uninstall. Simply run the executable, select the Delphi version you want to install it too, and click the install button to install or click the uninstall button to uninstall (both take less than 1 sec.)

Ok done it but slightly worrying I get a "Hash table for Symb lookup" not loaded, error at start up (on both of my installs)

That's just perfectly normal Paranoia everyone in the universe has that: Slartibartfast

No its worse than that I get a fatal error on compile, uninstalled it!

Steve,

did you download the XE specific version?
I run IDE fix pack without any issues here...

/Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back