Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D100 Problems with VLAN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidHinote

Programmer
Dec 8, 2016
US
Had three working D100s on 8.1.63 control unit until the customer's IT department upgraded all the switches and created a VLAN for the voice. Changed IP addresses for the SIP dect lines on the control unit and logged into the bases and changed those addresses. Made sure there wasn't a D100.cfg file on the SD card and put the base units back on the network. No good. I can log into the bases on the network and I can log into the IP Office on the network with no problems. IT department says they have the ports that the bases are plugged into tagged for VLAN 100 which is correct. All of the 1616s are working fine and i can ping them from the IP Office System Status but I can't ping the D100s. Switches are Ubiquiti Edge24s. Any suggestions on what to tell the IT department to check in their switches? They aren't very helpful and Id rather not have to go through isolating these things off of the network because they're in outbuildings with no spare fiber strands.

One thing I did notice is that these were setup originally with the base unit's IP address entered in the VOIP tab. I changed the address to the new one but I've always left that default at 0.0.0.0.

D100s do not support VLAN. The manual states:

"future support planned for VLAN"

It was never added though(someone correct me if I am wrong).

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

You are correct critchey. Certainly at the level of OP's system, the firmware is not compatible with VLANs. Maybe they've added it in the latest release or two (I've not had a reason to check) but at R8.1.63 that's a complete no-go.

- Qz

Even if the D100 doesn't support VLAN it should work if the switch ports are set to that VLAN as long as they don't require packet to be tagged.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back