Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D-Link WBR-2310 stopping VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfordjj

MIS
Jul 23, 2003
US
I'm having issues with my D-Link WBR-2310 not letting my Netgear Prosafe software through. It acts like it connects, but then I can't get to any of my work devices to come up, ping, net use, etc.

The VPN works fine if I bypass the router and hook straight to the Comcast modem. I flashed the router with the newest firmwear, but no change. I've got the "Enable PPTP, L2TP, and IPSec Passthrough" boxes checked, but still nothing. Even if I set my computer up as a DMZ it won't let it connect.

Has anyone had this issue with the WBR-2310 or any other router that they can offer some advice on?

Thanks!

OK, I figured out what was wrong, but I don't know why it was wrong.

I was using the IP range of 10.10.10.x for my private LAN. For some reason it refused to route it properly. I changed my IP range to 192.168.x.x and it started working like a champ.

I thought the 10.x.x.x range was a legit private range. Can anyone explain to me why that didn't work?

Thanks to everyone who took a look and tried to figure it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back