Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D-Link DWL-G520 Wireless PCI Adapter cannot start (code 10) error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyBoy

Technical User
Aug 20, 2003
NZ
1. The adapter was working correctly for months.
2. No recent changes or updates had been applied to Win XP Pro or the PC hardware.
3. I have reinstalled the hardware and drivers in accordance with the installation guide a number of times.
4. I have removed the inf and dll entries from Win XP system folders and cleaned the registry of all findable D-Link related entries.
5. I know from Google etc searches that many other users have experienced this problem.
Does anyone have a possible fix for this (other than reinstalling XP or buying another adapter or motherboard)?

Make sure the card and another component are not trying to use the same IRQ in Device Manager, try it in a different slot, try the driver listed here- (6th post from the bottom by desal13), and try the card in a different system.
If all of the above fails, then the card may be toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back