Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D-Link DSL-302G Overheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarlyle

Technical User
Mar 27, 2007
Does anyone else have a D-Link DSL-302G which overheats? I actually bought another on ebay and when one overheats, I change them over. Any solutions or alternatives? I am connected to Optus on adsl-2.

my DSL-302G overheats...

Is this modem supplied to you by your DSL provider?

If so, call them and let them know becasue it is there responsibility to replace it.

If not, I have read numerous threads from other forum sites and it is very common that they overheat. The manual states to give it plenty of "Breathing" room but even with that followed people have overheating problems. The general consensus is to buy a different type of modem/ router. Hope this helps.

-Kerry

Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach. -Aristotle

My Dlink modem, another model, has very small holes for vent. Since you have a spare one, open the case, take the pc board out, and drill holes in the bottom and top shells. Nothing to lose.

I ended up purchasing a Billion ADSL Router. No overheating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back