Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D-Link 604 router help - Cant ping server from WAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlchris2

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
US
Alright, I setup a test lab on my network. I cant ping to my test server past the test router, but I can ping the Live network from the test server

I've got it configured as such;

I can access the internet from any server behind test router. I am running a different subnet from my live network and setup a static route in the live router. test router's WAN is using a static ip from the live network.

I can ping the test lab router(DI-604) from any device on the live network.

I've searched the D-link site and it is a useless source. I've tried several Virtual Server and Firewall policies with no avail.

Mark C.

Hi,
have you tried to setup a firewall policy as such:

source: wan, ip: *
destination: lan, ip: *
protocol: icmp, port: 8

This would allow ICMP echo and the reply through the firewall. This is to try anyone from your live network to any ip behind the test router.

The other possibly is that the router may not let ICMP through it from the WAN interface. Try setting up a webserver on your test machine, and allow port 80 through the router and try that.

Michael

WarpZero Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back