Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D:\Dir displays Not High Sierra or ISO-9660 format!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcfrasco

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
US
Dear whomever can help,

I used fdisk to delete all partitions on my hard drive, recreate a new c: partition and set it active. After rebooting I used a Win95 start up disk with CD-Rom support to start the computer and get to a Dos prompt. I formatted the c: partition using Format c: /s and then rebooted again. Now the problem! When I switch to the d: directory I get a D:\ prompt. When I type Dir it tells me that my CD-Rom is not High Sierra or ISO-9660 format. When I insert any disk with an operating system it tells me the same thing but when I insert any other program disk it promptly shows all files on the disk. I'm unable to install my operating system until I can get to the setup file.

I would appreciate any help in this matter. By the way the system is an older AST Advantage computer with about 32mg of memory. It uses 72 pin Simms and I think it has an unusual amount of memory installed.

Thank you for your help,
jcfrasco

Hi the message you are recieving is saying that the Cd-Rom drive is looking for a bootable Cd-Rom and can't find it.

Try looking in your bios options for boot devices and choose a: & c: but no Cd-Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back