Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

D Channels won't establish on TIE: RLS Wrong Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardyshook

Technical User
Feb 24, 2011
US

I have a "New" TIE Line between 2 offices that continues to get a RLS Wrong Mode for the D Channels. When I disable the loop on one side the other side will show DTA005 Remote Alarm and then show the DTA007 once I re-establish the remote loop.

I have looked through the programming. Everything seems to match up between the 2 sites for the D Channels. Since it is new service, is it possible the vendor has loop back on somewhere and that is why I am seeing Release Wrong Mode.

The Option 11c is a TMDI NTRB21 with a downloadable D Channel. The other is an 81c with NT5D12 Dual PRI Cards and uses an MSDL for the D Channel. The only programming differences I can find are in relation to the different system platforms.

We have no alarms at present on the CSU \ DSU at either site.

The Option 81c TIE had been previously used and the programming was unchanged when I moved the connection to the new TIE.

Any ideas? I have checked the TMDI in the 11c and I can't find anything wrong with it.

Thank you

If you have a loop at any point in the circuit or the cards, getting the indication release wrong mode is the correct indication, showing you do have a loop somewhere. If you unplug the cable going in to the card at the far end, does the circuit disable?

Thank you. That was it. Can't believe I missed that. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back