Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cyrstal Custom Charte Editor Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdatwood

Programmer
Sep 29, 1999
US
I have done quite a few custom charts over the past couple of weeks, but now a problem has just crept up in the current one I am doing. <br>

Basically I have a line graph with 4 series. I go into the chart editor and change the data markers to different shapes for each series. Now matter what I do, when I return to the report the second series always has the same data marker as the first. If I change the first the other change as well. At this point I am extremely frustrated and dumbfounded. I created a new report from scratch and the same thing happened. I have checked Seagates website, etc.. with no luck. Has anyone else experienced this problem?<br>

<br>

Thanks,<br>

Michael

I figured it out. It seems to be a bug in the crystal chart editor (surprise surprise!!). If you don't make the first series shapes different from the standard (triangle, diamond, circle, rectangle) it will always force the second series to the same shape. The fix was to change the first series shape to something non-standard like a x.<br>
<br>
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back