Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cynphony ACD backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2007
CA
hi guys
we have an old cynphony ACD on our nortsar mics . We want to do a backup of that system ,but none as not been done in more then 3 years ,is there a danger to doing one?? since it has been so long i don't wanna risk having the system crash on me

thanks georges392

its a computer running os2.
What size ACD?
why now?
do you need historical data?
how old is NAM?
Its not hard to reprog if dies and you need to replace
by a trained/qualified tech

it is quite small only 4 agents on it we wanna do a back up cause the system is old and it has been unstable lately so we wanna be safe if it crashes ....it is quite old looks like an old dos interface

thanks

its the box the server/machine resides in...if yours is pc based it is so old just write prog steps down and if dies you can have vendor just reprog into new ACD

Luger is right.....NAM's are getting harder to find (especially the old copper units). If there are only 4 agents, write it all down. Since each new s/w release had more features, the info may not reload 'clean' unless it is the same s/w level you are reloading to. By the way, Luger, are things still dry your way?

I have come to conclusion i don't want to do telcom work for a corporation or work for anybody for that matter.
Had a Mac last month and do about 10 vonage installs a month for a company out of Georgia "endeavor telecom"
Also water plant at home depot for a vendor "ICS" and hourly gardening work.Plan on working part time as a ski instructor this winter and picking up some work doing inventories for a company out of CT "work is local to me" and maybe some ski tuning at nite at a local shop.
Very little stress and if anybody leans on me to hard the middle finger will come out and off i will go.Wife understands and supports my decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back