Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cycly of updates on display (SQL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abstractxyz

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2010
US
ANyone have a suggestion for this..

An arrival and departure board (Database is SQL 8) the would cycly between the display of a report and the arrival / departure board?

Your probably going to need to supply some more information and some data.

Simi

I have a 42 inch monitor that I want to put a sort of an "arrival board" on and have the screen cycle thru views of arrivals of trucks. The data is coming out of a CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch).
The data is on a SQL 2008 server. I also want to be able to eventually have it cycle thru and show critical little data sets, such as which trucks are not "on a call" etc. The CAD has tons of fileds to choose data from, so I guess I just want a program / repotr that displays nice on the screen and continuosly updates.

I have already put together some reports. One of teh things I want to cycle to is a "dashboard" report that managemnt can view quickly and see critical data at a glance.

Kind of something between a ticker bar and an airport arrival board..

I am skilled, but not very creative...

Warm regards

Abstract

Lots of products out there on the market for dashboards and reports. I don't use any myself...

Simi

Kind of something between a ticker bar and an airport arrival board..

You've given a general description of your application, but what is your specific SQL question?

Can I update the screen (with data from an sql db), are there any kinnd of "ready made" programs like this.. customizable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back