Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cyclic Redundancy Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaystd

Technical User
Aug 26, 2002
CA
ok so 2 cd roms ones a burner and whenever i try read pictures of my burnt backup i get a cyclic redundancy check error. i cant copy one or more pictures from a file. and whenever i try explore these cd's it lags my computer like u wouldn't believe.

Is there anyway to fix this? i recently formatted (1 month ago) and this is a new prob. its also running buggier maybe i should jsut redo it again. so much effort tho. please help

This could be an indication of poor drivers for the CD drive. Try getting the newest drivers. Your lag issue when attempting to access the disk is just good old windows quality. If the Drive has a CRC error then windows tends to place all it work on recovering the error if it can. Running 'buggier' could also be an indication of a virus or additional drivers that didn't get properly installed when you reinstalled. All you should have to do is check the device manager and see if anything looks out dated or just wrong all together.

This sounds simply like a bad CD, try it on some other computers.

I've had it before and never got the data off the CD, I did not spend too much time on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back