Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cyclic error![b/]

Status
Not open for further replies.

antikenyo

Technical User
Feb 19, 2001
AU
what is the problems on this we have nt workstation and win98 o/s running office97. using a fdd from one workstation to another workstation causes fdd to be bad. saying cyclic error. is that cause of nt is 16 bit and win98 is 32 bit?

It has nothing to do with the FATs on either PC; those are specific to the HDD. Does this happen with all floppies created on the same machine and then used on multiple other PCs...or is it just one floppy created on one PC and then trying to be accessed on one other PC? If it's always the same PC where the floppies are created, and you have problems reading any of them on any other PC, then I'd say there's something wrong with the floppy drive they were made on...OR...you may have run into a bad box of floppies. If it's always the same PC where you're trying to read the floppies, then I'd guess there's something wrong with the floppy drive in that PC. One more thing...can you read the floppies on the same machine they were created on?

i can accessed the fdd on the machine where it was created. but the prob is when i use it or accessed it in another machine. sometimes the fdd with this error. cannot be use anymore. to specific my probs. i created it in nt workstation the fdd. then i will used it to win98 it can accessed but when i used it again on ntworkstation. the problem occur.

It sound to me like there is something wrong with the floppy drive on the Win98 PC...have you tried creating a floppy on the 98 PC, then trying to read it on the NT PC? Cyclic errors generally relate to bad info...I'd guess your fdd in the 98 PC is going south...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back