Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cyber Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

computercare

Technical User
Sep 18, 2001
US
I used a restore disk to restore the sound on a Gateway GP6-400, and now I get this message: cyber crash, access violation, when I try to get online. I can get to my email but when I try to browse the net I get that message. I don't know what this is or how to fix it? Is it something that is easy to fix? Any help would be great. When I did the restore I only restored the sound.

Thanks

I assume by "sound" you mean sound "driver".
I recommend that you go to this website and download the Gateway Update Utilty for your particular operating system and install and run this utility. It will scan your system and find drivers that need to be updated. You probably will find an updated driver is needed for your system. If so, it will download the new driver. If you already have the latest driver from Gateway, then re-install the driver from your restore disk. Look at your device manager and see if there are any conflicts (yellow question marks or exclamation marks). If there are, highlite the bad driver and click on refresh. If this doesn't help you may need to
remove the driver in device manager and re-boot. Windows will look for and re-install your driver.
Here is the website:
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back