Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CX600 adding disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickm26

Technical User
May 5, 2008
US
Hi,

I recently purchase a used cx600. It only has one controller and one enclosure. I am having a problem adding new drives to it. I was able to setup the initial 5 drives with the config and ip config. If the enclosure only has the 5 drives everything is ok but as soon as I add a new drive the system goes into fault and will not see any of the new drives. The drives keep saying E status for empty. I checked the fault on the system and i'm getting the following Bus 0 Enclosure 0 : Faulted.

Thanks

When you say "controller" are you referring to 1 service process or 1 LCC?

If the 2 clarrion service processors disagree, it will use the higher of the 2 errors... for example if SPA can see the new disk, but SPB cant... the result will be that the disk is Empty. Both Service processors need to agree that the new disk is online and available for configuration.

It sounds like you are putting in either bad disks or incompatible disks. What was your source for the disks you are adding?

I agree with falcon, try updating the flarecode and check the compatability matrix to check the drive numbers are support in your current flarecode revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back