Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CX400 - Navisphere Agent Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xefil

ISP
Jun 8, 2006
IT
Hello to all!

I've a CX400 with Navisphere 6 R19. I've removed a HBA from one server that was online with two HBAs and used this HBA to connect another new server to the storage.
I've installed the naviagent (naviagentcli-6.22.0.4.67-1) withut problems. Starting the client it takes a little bit, but it starts.
On the Navisphere I can see the host but the IP is not shown [UNKNOWN]. Under the Agent tab of the host no infos are shown, but this message:
"<hostname>: is not a Managed Host, unable to retrieve Remote Agent Configuration."
This host has a LUN mounted and all is working fine, only the Agent is not working.
Other info:
From the host, if I run the command './navicli -h <SP-IP> getall' I obtain all infos, also the host can connect the SP.
Sometime is happened on a host, under Host "Agent Tab", I0ve read infos about configurations on another Agent.

Ideas?

Thank's!

Simon

Hi,

the best way is always to "unregister" the old HBA before you use it in a new environment.

So i would sugesst, bring the new system down, derigister the HBA in teh CX, bring the hba up to the bios, scan for luns, register the HBA in the Clarion and assign it to the storagegroup and boot the server again.

Iam sure the problem is gone afterwards

Cheers
Andreas

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

Thank's Andreas. The old HBA was unregistered. Only the agent was not reachable from the Navisphere Management. The Agent Tab of the host was reporting: "<hostname>: is not a Managed Host, unable to retrieve Remote Agent Configuration."
BTW I've found the solution :))))
There was a misconfiguration on the host. The file /etc/hosts was not set correctly. Even if the interface was right and the server was working very well, into /etc/hosts was insered only the 127.0.0.1 IP and NOT the used IP of the server.
When the naviagent starts it takes informations from the /etc/hosts to identify itself and send these informations to CX400. You can check it looking into /var/log/HostIdFile.txt. Also the CX400 was receiving a wrong information and could not check the agent status.
Setting the right IP into /etc/hosts all is gone very well.

Thank's anyway for your answer, the only one :)

Have a nice week-end.

Bye, Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back