Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CWshredder crashes at "hidden.dll" then disables NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevotron

Technical User
Aug 6, 2004
US
Ok I just ran Cwshredder on a XP box and it scanned and found nothing until it got to "hiddden.dll" then the system completely shut down. After booting up it now says my network cable is unplugged, which it isnt. It seems like this thing detected I was running a scan and shut off the machine and disabled my NIC. Anyone see or hear of this or know what to do?

More than likely, the psyware took over your net services and when CWShredder killed the file, it essentially killed the network.

There are some threads in this forum about how to get the net back. I'll look and post back if someone else doesn't.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

Look at thread760-843729.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

nevermind. i panicked for a second cause this is the big cheese's computer. I did some basic troubleshooting and found that somehow the cable crapped out--it just seems like too much of a coincedence it worked fine, then I ran cwshredder, it crashed at "hidden.dll"--on reboot no network--I exchanged ethernet cable and function restored. thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back