Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CWS With SSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr522

Programmer
Jan 21, 2015
SG
Hi ,

We are facing the issue to connect to the Content Server with CWS SSO but could not able to login.
I have followed the below steps.

Content Server 16.2

KC URL:

Example :
Below is the piece of the code having the issue.Please let us know if anything need to done for CWS with SSO

username = null;
password = null;
AuthenticationClient authClient = new AuthenticationClient();

try
{
Console.Write("Authenticating User...");

//How do I obtain the auth token without user name and password
authToken = authClient.AuthenticateUser(username, password);
Console.WriteLine("Success!\n");
}

catch (FaultException ex)
{
Console.WriteLine("Failed!");
Console.WriteLine("{0} : {1}\n", ex.Code.Name, ex.Message);
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message);
return;
}
finally
{
// Always close the client
authClient.Close();
}

Thank you in advance.

I do this all the time similar to the OOT article,but what is your error?

To make CWS with IWA these are the right conditions.

1)The user in your SOAP program has to invoke the web cgi URL and get in without any login problems.This would make sure your LL has been configured to use SSO.
2)Now put fiddler on the above and see if OTDS is intercepting it if so CWS with OTDS is different than CWS with IWA.
3)make sure a standard web services program with anonymous access to livelink works pointing to the same livelink server.
4)create an identical web application copying the webservices folder in your earlier attempt,in this change its web.config to the one that OT shows you in all places authentication,documentmanagemnt and all other end points you may be using.Now change that new application to IWA removing anonymous.Make sure the application pool is run by a user known to the webserver(clue if a web services application works logs can be found)

At this point more or less your CWS will work like the GUI user.

I have written many articles to help out programmers most have reported my articles are OK,mostly problems happen because most people embarking think this is a OT problem whereas the
majority of work is on the IIS side and some configuration in the OT side.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back