Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CW2003 and Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschmitt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2001
US
I've just installed Windows 2000 (previously used NT 4) with CW 2003 and now I occasionally get an "Access Violation in WOW32.dll" when running the developer with an app open. Has anyone experienced this, or had any other compatibility problems with Win2000 ?

(By the way, the point32 Intellimouse software that comes with NT4 and 2000 seems to be incompatible with our CW2003 application, i.e. when the user tries to type anything into an entry field and then tab out, the value entered is blanked out and the cursor is returned to the original field. We have our users unload point32)

I experienced almost similar problem with NT-4 it is
more to do with the Microsoft DLL's atleast you got the DLL right i had to get a freeware to do this in NT-4 ( creeps )

In NT-4 it was taken care of service packs i do not know about windows -2000 check their installation guide.

sorry i did not help u much

i had the same problème so i continue to use win98 for developpement and when making an EXE i chose to compile in 32 bit mode with TPS files for using on win2000 machine no probleme.

I have same problem on XP. After changing fields it clears previous one.
I use NT4sp6 for development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back