Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CVS UPD -r to replace on changed files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynapen

Programmer
Apr 20, 2000
US
Here is the problem. My office is finally implementnig some automated build tools, (cruisecontrol), and they have me workig on it. Their build process for test builds goes like this.

Checkout everything tagged from the last release. Then add on to that all files that have been tagged for the new release. Only files that have been changed for the new release get the new tag, so i need to combine the two tags into my sandbox, with the new tag replacing the old one, but not removing files that don't exist in the new tag

Example:
File A as tag "release1" on version 1.10
File B has tag "release1" on version 1.10
and tag "nextrelease" on version 1.20

How do i get version 1.10 of File A and 1.20 of File B on my box at the same time?

Final catch, when they are brought down and the build runs successfully, I need to tag both files with "release2".

Unfortunately, I can't change their process, so i am stuck working in it. Any ideas on how to make this happen?

If you need more info, please let me know.

Yeah.....I'm going to need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday.....Yeah.....That'd be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back