Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CView access violation in wish.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdoppke

MIS
Nov 17, 1998
US
I'm trying to migrate my Ciscoworks from a pc running Win95 to NT4.0. When I installed it on NT, it generates the above error. Any ideas?

That's at least more informative than my problem--I get a Dr. Watson which fails to generate a log. All I know is it doesn't like wish.exe.

You get this error because of an installation issue. When you install CiscoWorks 2000 (CiscoView) you absolutely must be logged on as the local administrator. If you install while logged on to the domain, CiscoView assumes the domain admin is a global group that has not been added to a local group. Therefore, he has no access.

I have been having the same problem. So, would it be better if I installed after logging in as the GLOBAL domain Administrator (which is added to the Local Admin Group) or install under the LOCAL domain Administrator?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have been having the same problem. So, would it be better if I installed after logging in as the GLOBAL domain Administrator (which is added to the Local Admin Group) or install under the LOCAL domain Administrator?

Thanks in advance for your help! [sig][/sig]

%-( B-( %-( B-(

I have installed and re-installed Cisco Works 2000 (version 2.4) as the LOCAL Administrator with no success. I get the "DR. Watson" error during the install!

I really need help on resolving this. This is completely frustrating and I am at my wit's end.

Here are some details as to my installation and system:

System: Compaq Proliant
Network: Ethernet
O/S: NT 4 Server
Service Pack: 5
Additional Software: Option Pack
Platform: CastleRock SNMPc
Logged in as: LOCAL Administrator

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks again! [sig][/sig]

The problem has nothing to do with logons or domains (we don't have domains). It's an incompatibility with (I think) mfc42.dll. I fixed it about 6 months ago so I don't remember the details. I recall starting with NT SP3 which worked. After applying service packs, it eventually broke. Try using the mfc42.dll that comes with Ciscoview. [sig][/sig]

Thanks for the suggestion I tried it. However, I am still having the problem. Lewt me know if you think of anything else I can try.

By the way, I replaced the mfc42.dll dated 11/4/97 with one dated 6/19/96, then with one dated 1/30/97. Both failed.

Thanks again. [sig][/sig]

Has anyone found any additional solutions for access violation (Dr Watson) for CiscoView? I'm having the same problem. I have tried the mfc42.dll posting and various service packs for WinNt but no luck. Is there any other platform besides NT that CISCO Works will run on? [sig][/sig]

Did you guys read the relase notes? Looks like you guys are using the old versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back