Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cutting out the logo from the background 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

floriauck

Technical User
Jul 2, 2004
US
hello,

I know that this question has been asked before, i also read about the different ways to do that, however i wanted to get some advise on what method to use on my particular image ... i tried for hours now, and cant seem to get it right.. i am hoping for a short, painless solution that i dont know about :)

here is a link to the photo..

Start off with the highest resolution file you can handle then go to your "Channels" and pick the one with the most contrast and delete the other channels. Then go to "Image>Adjust>Invert". Then go to "Image>Adjust?Brightness&Contrast" set your contrast on 100 and adjust your brightness to what you are looking for. You can smooth out the image with your "Gaussian Blur" then sharpen it back up with your "Brightness&Contrast" again. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Tony Perkins

Hello Tony,

wow, i would have never thought of that ... i am not 100% done with the logo yet, but it really works pretty well. I have to play around with the method you described as this is rather new stuff to me (the channels, etc) ..

I have a screenshot up for what i need the logo, u can take a look .. (again, its not done, but for now its ok, and i will work on it some more)

oh, one question... are u familiar with corel knockout? i read about that, and it seems to be a nice tool for tasks like that?

maybe u would also like to share how you became a photoshop expert?? (books, experience, classes)

thanks again,

florian

Yes I saw the new logo and it looks great! As for how I leaned PhotoShop, it has been with years of use and practice. The best advice I could give someone is to sit in front of your computer and play around with the program, that goes for any program, hit all the buttons to see what each does and so forth. I have been at this 13 years starting with a program called "PhotoStyler", not sure what happened to that one, but it was alot like PhotoShop but much simpler. Just play around with the program, look on the web and see what others have done and try to copy their effects, you will get it, I have also found this forum as a great tool also.

As for Corel I am not as familair with it as I need to be so Iwaon't be able to help you with that one sorry, mable someone else here could though.

Tony Perkins

Corel knockout, yes I use it sometimes and it's very good, better than Maskpro.

About the logo; is the one on the site, the one your working on? The gif on the site is slightly pink in some places, maybe you could desaturate your pic and get rid of it.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Another simple solution to this is to select color range on the white logo, set fuzziness to 200 hit ok. copy the selection and paste it into a new image with a transparent back ground. You will have a little pink around the edges so simply choose blending options on the layer with the logo and choose color overlay and select white to overlay it. You now have a logo with no back ground.

Nice explanation Tony Perkins, it shows some of the versitility of PS...have a star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back