Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cutting images out....???? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGTLguy

Technical User
Jul 23, 2003
US
i know this has to be simple but i just can't figure it out...

i am creating a flash banner. i have people overlapping but i can't cut their body shapes out. when i import them into flash i get an automatic white background. how do i import just the people so i can move them across the screen.

crop the people out using crop tool in photoshop, put them in a layer with transparent background, then save as .png.

Or, to keep the filesize down, you can export the images as JPEGs (white background and all) and create a mask in Flash with the pen tool that will only allow the parts of the image you want to see to show through.

You could save the images as gif with a transparent background.
If you get something like shades when you import the .gif you could what I did when I had a similar problem.
I just put a layer with a transparent background over it and the shade was gone.
Don't know why but it helped.
i know this is only a workaround and not a solution but it might work for you, too.

thank you guys soooo much....
i knew it was something simple...
i just saved my photoshop image as PNG then imported to flash...
but i will keep the other ideas in mind about filesize and masking... they may come in handy.... THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back