Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cutting a piece of map in CorelDraw 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike1Ab

Technical User
Jan 21, 2007
CA
Hi I have a pdf file containing a complex map made of various curves and shapes. I need only a small portion, a square from it. Is there an easy way to select a square and cut it out and discard everything else? I've tried eraser and knife tool, but i'm unsure how to do it for an area containing many curves and objects. Is there any way to just select a specific area and cut it out, retaining all the shapes inside it and cutting them off at the edge of the selection? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

In X3 use the crop tool for other versions (also X3)use powerclip.
Alan D

I have had the best luck using Adobe Reader. They now have a "Snap Shot" tool in version 7 and above. It is a little camera icon. You just draw a box around the area you want to copy, then when you release the button, it copies the selected area to your clipboard. From there, just paste it into your COrel layout. It acts like a standard bitmap. From there, you can use the node edit tool to change the shape (which is my personal preference to Power Clip) or use any of the other transparency or other bitmap editing tools.

Hi there.

Use the Shaping tool in the Arrange Menu. There are the Weld, the Trim and the Intersect features.

Draw a square, place it in the map where you want and then use the intersect option. Corel asks you which object to intersect and than you vlivk in your map.

There are the possibilities of leaving the original map intact together with new created area. Make your tries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back