Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cut and Paste Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

howdoyou

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
CA
I need to copy text from word and paste it over text in InDesign 2.0.2 while keeping the text characteristics of the InDesign document. If I paste the text over the InDesign text, the font changes styles. i know you can turn this off in the CS version, but is there an easy way to do this in version 2.0? and no, there are no style sheets in the word doc. just plain text. any ideas?????
THANKS!!!!!

How is the font changing styles if it was never formatted in Word? Can you simply apply a style from ID's styles palettes once the text is pasted into InDesign?

You might also want to see what character and paragraph styles are selected in ID before you paste. It may be picking up that definition when you paste.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

No matter what you do in Word, it will allways format it in one way or another. If you want "plain" text use notepad.

I have found if you copy from Word and paste in InDesign, when the area you are pasting into has paragraph styles already applied, the new paste-in text will take on that style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back