Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cut and paste lol HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRYP

Programmer
Jun 20, 2000
US
why in the world would i not be able to paste selected text into a textbox in my app????<br><br>ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

U can can't u??????<br><br>put some text into ur clipboard..... and put:<br><br><br>Public sub text1_Click()<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;text1.text = Clipboard.GetText<br><br>end sub<br><br>

if i have a notpad instance running BEFORE my app is running with a line of text on it and then i run my app i cant paste into my app what i cut from the notepad

This is probably just a silly question but have you made sure the TextBox has focus before you attempt a CTRL+V? If not, the text in the clipboard will float in never-never-land until you replace it with something else.

Try this before you switch tasks to Notepad:
[tt]
Text1.SetFocus
[/tt]

(Replace &quot;Text1&quot; with the real name of the TextBox.) This is the only reason (off hand) I could think of that would inhibit the tried-and-true Windows clipboard conventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back