Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cut and Paste from Word to Front-page

Status
Not open for further replies.

becky

Technical User
Jul 18, 2000
US
I have a file saved in MS word setup with bookmarks and hyperlinks and I want to cut and paste this into Frontpage.&nbsp;&nbsp;I saved as webpage from my word doc, then I opened the webpage doc and copied and pasted into a Front-page web.&nbsp;&nbsp;The download time was over 300 seconds!!&nbsp;&nbsp;Additionally, spaces were added between each line of text. I've tried this a couple different ways, (removing extra spaces, breaking the pages up, tables) but the download time is always substantial.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there something inherently wrong with this cutting and pasting (especially when it involves existing bookmarks and hyperlinks)?&nbsp;&nbsp;Does one need to do all typing into the webpage file itself for it to work properly?&nbsp;&nbsp;I would certainly appreciate any enlightenment.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>Thanks, Becky

I've found, when I've cut and pasted from Word, that a lot of extra (and unnecessary) HTML code gets added in.&nbsp;&nbsp;I even found a word with HTML code right after the first letter and ending in the same place.&nbsp;&nbsp;Obviously, with a lot of extra code, it takes longer to process.&nbsp;&nbsp;You'll probably have to go into the HTML view and delete some of the unnecessary code. <p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back