Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cut & Paste FROM Crystal report window. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peas

Programmer
May 13, 2002
GB
I am working on a project using vb and crystal reports 4.6.

Once a report is produced in the Crystal window the user has to be able to cut and paste (either by right clicking or dd menu commands) sections of the report data
into other applications or documents.

This does not seem to be possible in the version that ships with vb or the later versions that we have looked at.

Are we missing something? Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thanks in advance.

David (Edinburgh -Scotland)

Not from the CR preview window. They would have to export to something and then cut and paste from the exported document, like a text file. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

I think that later versions allow for copying and pasting the value of one object at a time (at least within CR's preview and Crystal Enterprise it does.

I would follow Ken's advice.

Perhaps even exporting to Excel from your app (or some format) and displaying within Excel or an Excel viewer rather than using Crystal to display.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back