Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CustomView ReportRunner 2.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT007

MIS
Sep 17, 2003
GB
Help,

We are currently running Report Runner/Writer 2.1 Well until today when report runner decided to die on me.
Now when I click on the icon to load it, it just hangs on the flash screen. I still have the report writer so I am still able to run reports.

Any idea's welcome.

You can try a couple of things to see if it's totally gone or not. First pull a backup copy of runner2.mdb from the directory (in \bin if memory serves). See if you can open it through access. Often if this becomes corrupted Runner goes bye bye. I actually wrote some scripts for our reporting folks to make a zip file with the mdb file, the report templates, directory structures and some other stuff for just such occasions.

If the db looks ok, your best bet would be to copy it out, reinstall Runner, then put the db back in place.

I recommend as Moebius says above although remember to also copy out any folders that contain custom or adapted templates as well. When copying the runner2.mdb folder (usually located c/cvr/bin by default) remember also to copy your custom templates folder over as well. It must also be to the exact same location it was located in your last set-up or you will have redefine the location of all of these reports in RR. I would recommend that with RR being the flaky product it is you take regular backups of the database and have RR installed on two machines (stability the best on XP) so that if one fails you can just copy the database over to the other machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back