Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CustomView Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuestionsBoy

IS-IT--Management
Jun 3, 2004
US
I have an aspect phone guy working on some canvas's screen and I want the drill down ablity to go to another canvas. Is there a way to call that canvas via a UNC path \\servername\foldername\canvasname.csv because not its setup with a hard coded drive letter. H:\canvas.csv that causes problems with people who dont have that drive mapped.

What do you think?

We have our canvasses on a Novell common drive that everyone is mapped to and the drill down function works perfectly. Do you not have a common drive that everyone has access to?

I tried using the unc-path to load a detail-canvas from my home-dir. works fine with CV3.0
we use novell here, don't know if it handles login etc. using security at share-level.

Version 3 or later should support a unc path. I seem to remember having troubles with it in 2.2, so we had user login scripts map the drive for everybody to circumvent it.

We dont have a novell. But i wanted to prevent doing anything that would hold us to a drive I wanted everyone to see it rather its from VPN or internally from one of the TV's in the call center. But i will have him look into it.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back