Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CustomView Director "Connection Test Failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesAlvear

Technical User
Jul 24, 2007
US
I am having a similar issue to the one described in thread808-357212.

Problem statement:
After inputting my data source info in File > Data Source..., I receive a "connection test failed" message after trying to test the connection.

Here's the background info:
- I am running Director v3.0.0.0
- I can successfully ping the IP address I input in the Data Config settings
- I verified that my network card is functional and I have connectivity to network resources and the internet
- I can even open a Canvas, set DATA ON and receive real-time data in the canvas.
- Per the info from thread808-357212, I added the IP address to my Hosts file (on my computer because I wasn't sure where else to put it).
- Also. I'm not a super techie. I'm just a lowly support manager so any deep technical responses might be outta my league but I'm willing to entertain all responses.

So can anyone shed some light as to why my test connection fails, even though I can set DATA ON and receive the real-time data feed? I'm baffled.

One other side problem I am having is that I get a "Canvas has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" error on two specific canvases, so I'm chalking that up to a corrupted canvas (which really irks me because I spent a lot of time on it and it looked beautiful (by Director/Producer standards anyway.

Thanks is advance for any assistance you bright minds out there may be able to offer.

Cheers

Charles

OK. I figured out my problem.

My connection test was timing out. The default value in C:\Windows\Director32.ini is 5000 milliseconds.

I bumped it up to 15000 milliseconds, and my connection tested succesfully.

It's amazing what you can find when you actually read the documentation!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back