Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customview Director connection problem 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeniep

Technical User
Sep 11, 2002
US
Hi, I have a pc running custom view director but no data is displayed when the application comes up, I have checked the cc.txt file to insure that the callcenter IP address is correct. When I try to put "Data On" I receive an error on the status line that the host has refused the connection. I tested the host connection through the ACD config setup screen and the connection fails. I don't know what else to check. Is there a table on the aspect that grants permission to the director workstations? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to tek-tips
Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

if the connection fails at the acd config utility, you are probably having issues resolving the hostname of your switch.

You may be able to get report runner to work by adding a CALLCENTER entry to your hosts file.

if this is a sudden onset issue, (i.e. it used to work and suddenly it does not), you may have a network connectivity issues between your pc and aspect.

have you made any recent network changes/upgrades?
Is your report runner machine able to log on to your network?
What OS is your runner box running?
Can you ping your switch by IP? By name?

good luck,

sm

Shaneymc,

Hi, this is not customview report runner, it is director, which displays the call center statistics real time. This particular workstation has never connected. I am new on the job, 3 days and don't know all that has been done as far as upgrades to the network go although we have many other machines running director and connection without a problem. My report writer/runner machines are working fine also. This problem seems to be isolated to this one pc.

Thanks
Colleen

sorry for the incorrect customview app reference (long headachy day), though the same possible fix holds true for any customview app.

I asked about network upgrades as new dhcp/dns/domain issues can muck up the way customview talks to the acd, but that is not likely your issue.

a few months back, we migrated from an nt4 to a win2k AD domain. the new dns and dhcp configs hosed all of my customview apps and we temp fixed the issue by adding host file entries for the ACD on the troublesome clients.

but if your problem is limited to this one pc and the acd config control panel app fails as well then you may want to take a look at the network settings on that pc.

as long as your cc.txt and cview.ini files are in order, your issue is probably not customview.

check your network cable.
if your net card has a link light, is it lit?
is your nic functioning properly?
can you ping the acd from a command prompt by name and ip?
are your tcp/ip network settings valid for your network?

if most of that is gibberish to you, find your network/pc person and have them look into it.

good luck

sm

Shaney,

Thanks, this is all good info and definitely give me other things to look at.

I'll check it all out.

I appreciate the help.
leeniep

What version is your ACD before rel 7 you could limit the people connecting to your switch. If 7 or above then are you using a realtime server? If so then go to the RTS server then go to start -> Programs -> RTS Server Folder -> RTS Configuration and check all the settings.
If you have text instead of an IP address in the Primary and Backup section then check your host file and make sure they are in there and pointing to your ACD's IP. Host file is located at c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc just open with notepad. Also make sure that the ACD Port is set to 8000 and that your Director/Producer machine has the same port number entered as the RealTime Server port section in the configuration. If all this is good try pressing the Test button, if this fails then you probably need to call Aspect and have the restart the SM Server Serivice. But before trying all this try pinging. If pinging fails then nothing you can figure on the RTS or director will fix it.

One other thing you mentioned the cc.txt folder. You should call Aspect inside sales or talk to your COE and get the new 32 bit Director/Producer it is a free upgrade.

databit,

Thanks for the info, we are running version 6.2 on the ACD, I was wondering if there was a limit to the number of ports allowed to connect. I have checked to make sure the ACD port is set to 8000 and that the IP address of the CC is correct, tried the test and it failed. I think I agree with you, it is time to call Aspect. I'll also check on the free upgrade.

Thanks for all the info.

Colleen

If you have version 6 then you need to have the computer you are trying to use added to the host table on the acd

I thought I remembered that you had to tell the ACD about the PC. I just couldn't remember for sure and how. Is this something the Aspect sysadmin does or do I need to call Aspect COSC to get them to do it?

Thanks!

That all depends on your mainence agreement I believe. If you have shared mainenance then you are supposed to do it. If you have full then let cosc is supposed to. Considering that you have 6 and they don't support it anymore you probably have to do it yourself. If you need any help let me know.

Aspect is not support version 6 anymore? Boy I have been out of the bus for 2 years and look what happens. I guess I will need to find a 3rd party for support since I am not technician trained.

Thanks

Ya I don't think they even have training for 6 shared mainenance anymore

Small correction though. I don't think it's the hosts file on the ACD, I think it's the old OBP table you're thinking of, though that was not needed for RealTime reporting. Are you using a RealTime server or connecting straight to the switch?

Moebius,

That is it! I just couldn't remember where it went, I remembered something about he OBP but wasn't sure and didn't want to mess anything up. I checked it out, added the IP to the OBP record and viola! it worked. Thanks so much to all of you for your pieces of information, it all helped get me to the resolution.

leeniep

Hi,
i just joined this forum and though I might be able to help you out. I used to Admin for a release 6 ACD- actually I fell into the job when the Aspect guy left. Anyway I have a lot of release 6 materials both from Aspect and from 3rd parties- Workstatin users guide, maintance guide, etc...if you want a copy let me know...I have been in your shoes- having to remember and figure out how this works with NO support from Aspect...it is not very fun. Luckily I switched companies and we are up to release 8 with support from Aspect. I still like release 6 better- even though 8 has some very user friendly abilities.

Laminate,

I would be very interested in the maintenance manuals if you can spare them. We can discuss, email me you number and I can call you. leeniep@hotmail.com Leenie P [gorgeous]

Leeniep,
I have tried to respond to your e-mail but it keps being returned, I've even tried my hotmail account and it returns. e-mail me jamie23aks@hotmail.com

james

Yes, running Rel. 6 all the Customview- and Console-Clients ('Supervisor Workstation') must present in the OBP-Table. The entries of the OBP-bable are added to /etc/hosts of the CallCenter.
I was running Rel.6 until june for 4 years, feel free to pose any questions before my FIFO-stack in brain is filled up with things concerning Rel.8 ;-)

cu,
Chris (missing Reflection-Basic, the wizzards of the Windows-GUI will never compete ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back