Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

customizing prompts and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxNewb

MIS
Jan 9, 2008
US
Just got callpilot installed by our vendor. Its connected to our CS1000 at release 4.5. Callpilot is v5. I've built a few mailboxes, but find it irritating that every time I call in to check messages it asks for the mailbox and then the password. Our old Octel would determine the mailbox number automatically based on the phone you called from and just ask for a password (assuming you called from an in-house phone). Is there a way to configure the callpilot to do the same?

I'd also like to configure express messaging, and have a DN picked out on the PBX. Trouble is I don't see anywhere in the callpilot manager where I go about configuring that option?

Also, I was told prior to this install that I could customize the actual commands within callpilot to emulate my old Octel structure (i.e. press 7 to delete, # to skip etc...) I've been looking through the callpilot manager and see no such option. Was I incorrectly informed of this capability? I'm really not looking forward to having to train all my users on the new system when I had planned on keeping it pretty transparent to them.

First in the system, create a Phantom TN or Dummy ACDN with your Express Messaging Number and point it to the Call Pilot CDN.

I Call Pilot, log in and then go to System>Service Directory Number. Create a new entry and just make it your Express Messaging Service.

This will get your Express Messaging Working.

For Octel or Aria options you need to set up your Call Pilot to use the Alternate Command (A) feature set. This is set at the user level if I am correct, but I have yet to do this for a customer. they all just accepted the new commands. but you can do this. if you give me a bit I will take a look at it.

if correct, you have to build a mailbox class that uses the different prompts and then assign that class to your users.

Hope this helps.

I did as you suggested, created a mailbox class of service where I selected the alternate command feature set for mailbox callers and owners. I then called my mailbox (after changing its class of service to the new "Octel" one I created), but noticed no difference in the available commands. Does the class of service also control how calls into callpilot are routed to individual mailboxes? i.e. I call from my desk phone, but am still prompted for my mailbox number when the system answers, rather than being automatically directed to my mailbox based on CLID? Let me know, thanks!

When it asks for the mailbox number, press #. It is not exactly what you are wanting but it is a significant shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back