Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customizing Layout of Database Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

diana5

MIS
May 29, 2001
US
Hello-

Has anyone customized the layout of the database results region including the heading columns in FP?

Specifically I mean to do more than the wizard will allow.

For example the first "field" to report I'd like to have it on its own line, put in some spaces and than have the balance of the fields layout in a table format.

I've begun to dive into the .html by hand but if anyone knows of some shortcut let me know.

Saving time can be a good thing-

Diana

Hi, I was passing through the site and saw your request.

I think I've created a work around to what you're trying to accomplish. I used the database results wizard to create my initial extraction. Then, to return the results for just one field that was repeated in my initial results, I ran the database results wizard again, limited the number of returned records to one (since all the record results were the same), set my formatting options to list one field per item, List Options set to Text Fields, and display all the records. You can work with the table definition to place the field on the page where you want it to display.

The results table will reformat. I just deleted the items I didn't want to display when I load the page. The finished product showed an item description above the results table that listed each row from my search. I hope this is helpful.

Good luck!

GEF-

This was quite useful... after I turned it into a list I just created a table and cut and paste the fields where I wanted them. I than simply merged cells, etc. and did additional formatting.

It was too simple to think of at first! Thanks so much.

Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back