Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customizing Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoneVM

Programmer
Apr 7, 2005
US
I'm looking for a bit of a nudge in the right direction...
I have a need for a ListBox where each item can be a different color. Ideally, each item could have a glyph of some sort attached to it as well, just a little symbol sort of thing that would reflect the status of the item at a glance. Anyone have any advice on how to add one or both of these functions to a ListBox (or is there some other component that does this within C++ Builder? Thanks!

Try replacing the Items TStrings object with a TStringList, which will allow you to hold images in relation to the items. You might also have to change the Style property to one of the lbOwnerDRaw variables (lbOwnerDrawFixed or lbOwnerDrawVariable).

Thanks to all who replied. I solved this problem by using the JEDI library, which is truly a great resource that I hadn't been aware of. It is distributed under MPL, meaning it can be embedded in commercial projects, and is free. Good stuff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back