Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customizing combobox scrollbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

frothytoad

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
US

I have an application where I need an autocomplete combo box that is capable of holding a lot (like 10^5 or 10^6) of entries. Up to this point, I have created my own ActiveX control, based upon a standard combo box, and simply filled it in with small subsets of data for display purposes. It works fine, but it looks cheesy because the scroll bar does not work smoothly (for example, if you grab it and drag it to the bottom, it only moves down ~30 entries, and then recenters itself to be dragged again).

Can anyone tell me how to gain direct control over the size of the box in the scrollbar, as well as the results of where it is once the drag is complete? Do I need to actually create my own graphics objects to do this, or are there API calls that will get this information?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

-- Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back