Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customizing CallPilot Reporter reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDMtek

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2004
US
I am finding CallPilot Reported to be almost worthless, I get alerts that I would like to find answers to but I am not able to “customize” the reports to give me the information.
Example; I receive an “Excessive Incomplete Messaging Accesses Alert” every night between the same hours. I have checked my CDR records and it is not caused by an outside caller trying to “Guess” mailbox numbers as the CallPilot Reporter, NTP states is the likely cause.
With the CallPilot Agents programmed as 2008 sets with displays allowed, then wouldn’t the calling line info, internal or external be there to record?
And if the agent were to have TDD in the CLS field then what is been sent to CallPilot might be there to record?

The @&*$# Alert only started the night after we migrated all our user mailboxes,

Any ideas?

In the sprit of trying to post the answers to issues and questions, I have found that the report is reporting a real issue but as I have stated the Info is too generic to be a real asset in finding the cause of the alert.

A quick recap of what I did and why, the night/early evening of 2-17-09 I migrated all of our Mer-Mailboxes, I changed all of the Mer-Mail agents from ACD queue 8900 to ACD queue 4900. I then deleted the ACD Message Center Queue 8900, and rebuilt it as a dummy ACD queue 8900 with the NCFW prompt set too our new CallPilot CDN 6310, I then redirected all of our DID-able Menu’s and announcements to our NEW CallPilot CDN 6310.
We decided that we would have the old Mer-Mail system as a fallback if needed, all I would have to do is change the NCFW prompts to 4900 and Mer-Mail would still be able to rout all incoming calls.

Starting that night I get on average, 280 Excessive Incomplete Messaging Accesses Alert, every night. I remembered a PBX feature called, Enhanced Call Trace; after using, I have found that my old Mer-Mail system is dialing ACD Dummy queue 8900, and my NEW CDN 6310 between the 2am and 4am time period.

How would Mer-Mail know to dial 6310 and why would Mer-Mail dial 8900?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back