Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customized Caller ID. Can it be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2003
US
Running S8400 with CM 3.1.2. We have a list of people that we want to display on the main console when they call in. We are hoping to be able to add the phone numbers and names to a "phone list database" in the PBX and have it show up.

For example: A customer name John at Acme calls in. We know that John always call in from that phone number. Instead of showing the phone number (caller ID) on the console, can we get it to show up as "John at Acme".

Is there a place in the switch that can store this name and number, and get it to show up on the phone display when the customer call in?

Thanks
John

A different idea - You could ask your phone network provider, (AT&T, Qwest, Verizon?), to deliver you Caller ID + Name Service so if the caller display's a name and phone number it will come through automatically.

don't know any other way to do this except with CTI + call popup from database lookup

I am told there may be a way to do this, but I don't think it was available until CM4...

gblucas

Search the forum for EC500. You would need a RTU license for each but they are pretty cheap (like $15). Basically, you would need to setup a dummy station and give it the name "john at acme". Then turn on ec500 for this extension with john's phone number as the off-pbx-extension. Every time he calls, it will show whatever you have programmed for the station name.

-CL

I am using EC500 for this purpose - but I need to NOT show the dummy extension - but do display the name - can that be done? We are afraid users will try and call that extension.

I have my answer...just select a COS that has "client room" set to yes and apply it to the station. Worked!

You could do this with screen pops and IP softphone. I haven't messed around softconsole but it probably has a similar feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back