Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customize Workflow Designer Email Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessed2

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
US
I am setting up a workflow in Sharepoint Designer 2007 to attach to a travel request form that I have set up in WSS 3.0. The user will fill out the form (which was created with InfoPath) after submitting the form, it has severral steps that it will need to go through to determine the approval of the travel request.

The problem that I am having is after the employee submits their travel request, the first step in my workflow is to send an email to that employees supervisor for approval. In the Workflow Designer, how can I set up the the email action to allow the user to enter the email address of the supervisor. It can be set up to email a specific address, but we need the versatily to be able to type in the supervisors email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back