Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customize the excel protection sheet message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dina01

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
CA
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to Customize the excel protection sheet message.

I woud like to create my one, and remove the standard one ...

Thanks

Probably possible but almost certainly not worth it
It'd require a LOT of code I think

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

Hi,

Just control with code...
Code:
Sub Prot()
    ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="skip", DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
End Sub
Sub Unprot()
    ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="skip"
End Sub
:)

Skip,

Hello,

I know hoe to protect and unprotect, I need to be able to customize the standard message.

Example if I try to click on my sheet to delete a cell, I would like to disable the standard message that excel pop up notifuing that the worksheet is protect. I would like to creat my one message....

my point still stands. AFAIK, it isn't an event that can be interrupted. You can't fire the change event 'cos the protection won't let you change anything and there isn't a switch to turn the message off. Sorry.

Rgds, Geoff
[blue]Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes![/blue]
Want the [red]best[/red] answers to your questions ? faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back