Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customization - Custom Column Like

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMan1018

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2011
US
I created a field in "Customer Shipment Entry" under line item called "Heat Number" and if a custom Part.Checkbox01 is checked in Part Maintenance and the shipping person didn't put the Heat Number in the field then it would give him a message to do so. I have everyting working, but I can't create a BPM to check the field because in BPM under the Business Object "CustShip" there is not a ttPart table linked to ShipDtl. Is there a way that I can transfer the value from Part.Checkbox01 to ShipDtl.Checkbox01 during the creation of the "Customer Shipment Entry"? I was thinking that in Customization in "Customer Shipment Entry" that I could under Data Tools - "Custom Column Like" I could add "Like Values" from one field to another. Can anyone help?

This is a great question. You can create 4GL code in the background of the BPM Actions. There is a button at the bottom right called advanced that will allow you to create the code to find information from the part table. Or in the actions section us the action execute the following ABL code to go review the part table. When you find the Part information then you can assign the Part.Checkbox01 to ShipDtl.Checkbox01.

Thanks,
Fiducia-US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back