Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer's DHCP server and BCM e/w 1140e's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megajd

Vendor
Dec 29, 2001
CA
We have a BCM50 Rls.2, but do not want the BCM to hand out IP's to the IP sets. Instead we have a DHCP server for that.

My question is; Is there a way of sending a setup packet that would give the IP set an IP, as well as giving the IP set the S1 and S2 IP's, and the appropriate port ( 7000) ? If it's yes, what would the packet look like?

The BCM50e can do it. The IP set's must have Full DHCP, which is fine. I can only make it work with Partial DHCP when using the 3rd party DHCP server.

Thanks for any help.

Within the documentation (IP Phones I believe) are all of the settings that you must add to your DCHP to enable the phones to use full DHCP. You add them to your DHCP server and all is done. If you are using a cheap Router as your DHCP, I'm not aware of one that can handle modifications to the DHCP parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back