Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer wants Unified Messaging to be on his server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats14

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I have a customer who is unhappy about his Unified Messaging. He wants all the messages to be stored on his data server and then parceled out to his users' inboxes. As far as I know, Unified messaging works by the BCM storing messages then send them to the UM client installed on the a user's computer. He wants this to comply with the new Sarbanes-Oxley law. I know the BCM has to be the originating point of the faxes and voicemails, but is there a way to push everything to his data server as well?

If you load the "PBX version" of the CallPilot UM client, version 5.00.X, you'll be prompted upon the first login as to whether you want the messages delivered to the CallPilot inbox or the Outlook inbox. If you select the Outlook inbox, then the messages are copied to the email server. I know this works when using Outlook/Exchange, but I'm not sure as to how it functions with Groupwise or Notes.

Hmm...this PBX version, does it come on the BCM? or is it on Nortel's website?

I would also get you customer to check out the Sarbanes-Oxley law again. The wording talks about procedures rather than how information is stored/transferred between systems.

I am pretty sure that if the customer states that he backs up the contents of the BCM callpilot on a regular basis blah de blah, then this would suffice.

The 'pbx version' client can be downloaded from Nortel. It does work on a BCM, but I don't believe it's officially supported.

The PBX version also lets the BCM UM work with Outlook 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back