Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

customer wants password for user voicemails turned OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi All.

I just received a -strange- request from one of my customers with a cs1000 and callpilot.

The customer wants it set up so that when the user picks up the phone and calls their voicemail, it does not prompt for a password. (And before you say anything, I raised a big red security flag with the customer as to how dangerous this is. They know it, and I have an e-mail to back me up, so...)

I went to Mailbox classes, found the group that held the people they want "freed" from their password entry, and when I look at the group (Regular User), the "Mailbox Access requires personal verification" is unchecked.

Am I looking in the right place, or is there somewhere else I have to turn off the password requirement.

Regards

You can do this by checking Auto Logon beside the Extension DN in the mailbox.
The user will have to activate it by logging into the mailbox with the password then pressing 8,0,4.

Personal Verification is the recording of the user's name and sometimes extension number that is played if callers are notified of a busy line or when a message is composed. Nothing to do with passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back