Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer Specific Product Line Discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

atrain2442

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2007
US
Our company is looking to define certain percentage discounts to our distributors based on specific product lines we offer.

We are currently utilizing the Price Level and Discount Rate fields in Customer Maintenance but want to move away from having use the Discount Rate entirely. The problem is we have too many permutations of percentage discounts for our distributors than characters to create price levels.

For instance, say we have 100 different product lines with 40 different price codes. Each price code has a different break quantity and percentage discount at each tier. We then have 75 distributors each with a unique combination of discounts based on the price codes (company "Alpha" gets 15% of Price Codes AAA and BBB, but company "Beta" gets 20% off AAA and 15% off BBB - we would set two different price levels for those distributors).

What we would like to do is ultimately have a code that specifies this discount for this product line (or price code) and apply those codes (one or more) to each customer. Otherwise, something similar to the price levels where we can create a greater number of permuations of percentage discounts per product line (or price code) and apply those codes to the customer.

I've found an extended solution called "Price Level by Customer/Product Line (SO-1005)" and wondered how this differed from what we are currently using and whether or not this solution would help solve our problem. Any help or information on other MAS options is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dfeller

I understand that the this extended solution allows the option to apply price levels to product lines, however, I don't feel conviced that it gives me any additional functionality from what I am already doing. If I apply price levels to product lines, I am still stuck with only giving one price level per customer, right? So in the example from my previous post, company "Alpha" still requires 15% off of product line AAA and BBB, but company "Beta" needs 20% off AAA and only 15% off BBB. This means I still require two price levels to correctly define the different discounts for a combination of product lines, right?

No, this solution means you can apply price level A to product line AAA, price level B to product line BBB, price level A to product line CCC, price level C to product line DDD, etc. All for the SAME customer.

I have 2 clients using this extended solution. I know it provides functionality standard MAS 90/200 doesn't have.

Dawn

Visit Sage's Online Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back