Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

customer recorded over default system greeting Mitel 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
We have a Mitel 5000 where the customer recorded over the default system greeting, so whenever callers access someone's mailbox that is set for the standard system greeting, they hear the customer recording, then the system greeting.

I fixed a similar issue a few years ago, and I have poured through the system, including checking audiotext recordings, but I can't recall where to go to rerecord the system greeting.

Thanks, Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

Audiotex Recording 1 is default Voicemail Greetng.....4 seconds long
Recording 2 is Default AA Greeting

Thanks, but it is not either one of those.

I checked the audiotexs 1st and it is not any recorded audiotex message.

It is the one in the mailboxes that is used if the user doesn't choose a primary or alternate.

It goes something like: Hello [your name] is not available, please leave a message after the tone.

Thanks, Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Call Pilot
Avaya IP Office
Mitel 3300 Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint, MiCollab, MBG

You need to edit the system prompts from the Administrator mailbox;

Option 9
Option 6
I think the prompt you will need is 019
Use option 9 to reinstate the original system prompt.

If this is not the correct prompt number I can look it up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back