Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer network tlan IP change

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
We are changing our network IP scheme, but we do not have any IP phones on our PBX. Can I get away with leaving the pbx alone?
I rather not go changing the IP's on the pbx and UCM and all that stuff. Since we do not have IP sets, will it be ok to leave the pbx as is and remove it from the customer's broadcast network? We would basically have the elan and tlan confined to the pbx and HMS server. Will I run into problems with this set up? This is a 61c RLS 6.0 with CP PIV's Thanks

It sounds OK as long as you don't have any other applications connected with the phone system such as TM, Contact Centre, Call Pilot etc.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website =

We have the Callpilot (HMS server) connected to the pbx via SIP access ports..any issues with that? The customer does not do any desktop messaging or email alerts, basic message waiting lamps thats it.

I would have thought that the SIP access ports would be using a TLAN address?.

Firebird Scrambler

Website =

Yes they are on the tlan. We have 3 ip's on the tlan, they are the ucm, base manager, and the HMS server. Can I unplug those 3 from the customers network and plug them into their own switch, taking them off the customers network?
So Elan's go to their own switch and Tlan to its own switch, all being off the customers network..?

The ELAN range is usually only tied to the phone system, but changing the TLAN would cause you some grief with your SIP trunks. The other problem is accessing the UCM as changing the TLAN would prevent this.

Firebird Scrambler

Website =

Thank you for your feedback. I was looking to not change the Tlan addresses and leaving it the way it was. I wanted to physically unplug from the customers network and plug-in to our own switch which would only tie the PBX and HMS together.

What you are wanting to do is fine. You could do it with 1 switch and create 2 different VLAN's on their own respective ports on the switch.

If you have SIP Access Ports, you also have Voice Gateway Channels. The DSPs for these are, most likely, on MC32 cards. The TLan of these cards would also be connected to the Customer's existing TLAN network so they would need to be moved to your new data switch as well. Cs1000-SIP integration to Call Pilot is not an ordinary setup, is the Call Pilot a centralized Voice Mail that supports other sites/systems? If so, this will be an issue for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back