Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer has ACS 308 rel. 3.0 it is getting real hot 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
Standalone ACS 308 was mounted to drywall horizontally. I removed it and black smoke was on the wall near the ground screw.
Customer has the Remote access/ backup restore card and a PC large voice mail card.
Anyway calls are being interuppted.

How do I initiate the backup of messages greetings, etc. before I pull PC vm card out of old processor?

If I get another ACS 308, and install the existing Remote/ backup and PC large voice mail cards, what is the procedure to upload the info?

Can I just do a 125 restore for the backup card?

What about uploading the PC Large VM card?

Thank you all in advance.

alwayslearning

If you make a backup using #124 on the old 308, as soon as you install the cards into the new processor, do a restore using #125 and it should all come back up the way you had it. The Voice mail is flash storage that saves everything on the PC cards. So no backup of the Voice Mail is needed. Highly recommend mounting it vertically for proper venting of the power supply.

As was noted elsewhere, the replacement processor needs to be the same revision as the failing processor in order to use the PCMCIA card to transfer the configuration. In this case the ACS is an R3 which is fairly old and more difficult to find than, say, an R6 (3x8) or R8 (5x9).

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Why do I get a visual of this system being in a coat closet of a doctor's office behind a bunch of unknown owner coats and sample prescription medications. It never fails to amaze me where customers what & get their phone systems installed in a small office.

Your right PBX....I see the same thing everyday !!! Avaya and their idea that these systems will cool themselves with air flowing up through the cards...:-(. When the weather gets like it has been in most of the country this week overheating is pretty common and dropped calls is a major symptom...believe it or not we have had great luck by installing "clip on fans" below the Partner systems...all of them just to keep some air moving on them...Problems have cleared up with this simple fix.......

Good Luck

When needed, I suspend computer or telecom enclosure cooling fans above the carrier to pull the air up as opposed to mounting the fans below and pushing the air up.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back