Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer expanding IP403

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegillespie

Instructor
Sep 24, 2007
CA
I have a custome with a 403 that needs to be expanded on. Do you need a pro license to use expansion module on an IP 403? If so, is it the serial dongle that works best?

Mike Gillespie
ACA-IP Office Implementation
Cabco Communications Group

Your questions would suggest you need to get a business partner involved.
There would be no need to have a pro lic for a 403 as it does not use the software a pro license is run on. Infact it does not even run on the 400 range of hardware/

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

also the 403 will more likely have a parallel or usb dongle on a PC.

Mike, your title says Intructor. What are you an Instructor in??? Sounds like you need some more training on the IPO and what it was before the IP500!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Mike is a typical example of the new generation i think
But this is in de documents
So Mike irealy suggest you read the tech bulletin more and the most important one is tech bully 80

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I think it would be better to simply answer the question than to cast aspersions around.

To expand a 403 all you need to do is buy the additional modules (up to 3 in total) and plug them into the expansion ports on the back of the controller.
when you restart the controller it will see the units and they will appear in the programming.

Hey presto.

I am afraid I would agree with the previous posters
it is beter to point people in the right direction to find the information they require, especialy when thier listed qualifications suggest that they should know the answer anyway.

Give a mana fish & he will eat for 1 day, Teach a man to fish & he will spend all day lazing by a river drinking beer :)

I am beginning to like the sound of fishing!!!!!!

Jamie Green

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting any disrespect. The IP 403 preceeds my training and I simply don't deal with them on a day to day basis. I have been working on IP Office for less than a year and I am simply trying to get the advice and knowledge from the guys that have been out there experiencing the things I haven't yet had an opportunity to experience.
I was always taught that there's no such thing as a stupid question. I have to ask questions before I charge into a scenario that I am not prepared for and then I would really be stupid.
I appreciate all of the help everyone has been giving me here and it will conitinue to be the first place I look for help. I has been a great asset to me.

Thanks everybody

Mike Gillespie
ACA-IP Office Implementation
Cabco Communications Group

No disrespect meant, but there is a growing feeling that people are taking advantage of the regualr posters and don't want to go looking for the information that is available for everyone.

I will look for the answers in the IPO toolkit (which I have versions 2.1/3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0/4.1 stored on my USB hard disk and with me all the time) before posting here. I will usually have already asked my Distributor tech support also.

Also the fact that you are starting to post here more frequently without contributing a single reply to other posts will get some people's backs up.

We all like to share knowledge and help our fellow techs, but we also like to know that people have at least tried to sort things themselves before simply getting someone else to hand thier experience out for free.

Jamie Green

Thank you for clarifying. I am building up my arsenal of personal resources. I have no excuse for taking more than I give. All I can offer as a response is that I hope to become knowledgable enough to contibute to this forum the way that so many do.

Thanks for the tips.

Mike

Mike i also did not attack you :)
But from know on you know that every new version has a tech bulletin and you need to read it
The most important one is the GA release tech bulletin
Yes it has a lot of info (70 to 80 pages) but it is very important information
You say you do it almost a year so i guess you came in with 4.0.5 or 4.0.7

If it was 4.0.7 you missed the tech bulletin 80 wich has this information

And if you need info on site then press the help button in manager about the part you need to know
You will get the info about that part
The help in manager is the best help i ever saw

And one day you will tell other people the same questions you ask now :)

Every start is difficult

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks. Yes the help in Manager is amazing.
Thanks again everyone for all of your help!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back