Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Customer Created Cics Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneman1981

Technical User
Aug 16, 2009
US
Good Morning: Wierd issue. Called to a site by one of our other techs yesterday for an outage. One of our Clec customers purchased a new cordless themselves to replace his existing Nortel T7406 cordless that evidently failed on his Nortel CICS. The new cordless handset looks similar to the Nortel but is Avaya branded now. When I arrived late in the day no dial tone on any of the 4 CO lines at the 7316 and 7208 sets. Lines good to Clec demarc. I then discovered the customer had opended the Call pilot VM and plugged the new cordless base into the bottom RJ11 jack. (DO NOT ASK ME WHY??) Of course the cordless did not work, but ccording to the customer his corded sets continued working for a least several more hours before the outage occurred. I unplugged the cordless base from the system and still had NDT. I rebooted the CICS cabinet without any resolve. I downed the system again and replaced the CI trunk cartridge, booted the system again and still no dial tone. Sets work otherwise, have display and can call phone to phone. Business closed for the weekend shortly afterwards. I left just shaking my head. Any ideas if the customer actually caused the issue or is this a coencidence.

The cordless either looks the same or it does not, there is no change aside from the logo.

Did you go into hardware and check if loop card is there?

Seems there is more to the story that's not being told.

Things to try
STARTUP and reprogram
Swap software
Swap cabinet

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Hello: Thanks for your hints and ideas. I will check your suggested ideas and report back. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back